Nick designers they are under constant pressure to boost performance of chips while concurrently minimizing cost. One method to accomplish this is as simple as accelerating the verification process – as verification constitutes greater than 70% from the entire nick design process, embracing tools and technologies that lead to faster verification is the necessity of the hour.
The requirement for Hardware Aided Verification Models
To meet up with the requirements of shortened development cycles, it is crucial for software and hardware on the nick to become verified simultaneously. Since software development cannot wait until the hardware facets of the nick are developed, design teams have to adopt a fail-safe method to verify chips will act as intended when the embedded software programs are run. This involves the look team to produce a working prototype for software development as soon as possible, and far prior to the finish from the hardware design cycle.
Hardware Aided Technology
With time-to-market pressures, the entire process of verification originates a lengthy way. For a lot of digital design engineers, there are several compelling causes of performing hardware-aided verification. Since performance is essential, it’s important for verification systems to provide the greatest performance models and atmosphere for SoC verification.
• Hardware acceleration techniques help overcome the task of meeting the performance needs for SoC verification.
• Writing SystemVerilog testbenches for any specific bit of design can be quite laborious, especially while testing the interaction between different blocks.
• With hardware-aided verification, you don’t have to create the testbench or be worried about the way the interfaces is going to be worked out.
• For instance, to see if a peripheral device works as intended, you are able to have a physical or virtual peripheral device, hook it up to the design after which make use of the device driver for that controller to do functions to find out if the interface works.
• As the amount of vectors that may be run per second is substantial, you are able to make certain the interaction between software and hardware is really as expected in shorten length of time
• Hardware accelerators permit you to use components like FPGAs to construct the hardware platform.
• Using embedded test benches, you are able to perform hardware-aided verification and virtualize the atmosphere to hurry in the verification process.